Marina Longworth

The Aladdin Vase; 1882 by Marina Longworth is a very interesting piece in my opinion. in the brief research about this piece, I learned that women during this time period were responsible for decor in the home. I love this Vase because it goes out of the "norm" of what is aesthetically pleasing to the eye. we look at hundreds of wheel thrown symmetrical vases of this style. she uses a personal touch of adding multi dimensional decoration to the outside of the vase and the effect is unbelievable. this seems to be a trademark of some of her works. Lastly I did see one piece she did that involved a copper vase. I'm interested to know how that was thrown during this time period.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assassination of a Famous Nut Artist, 1971

Al Wei Wei

Terracotta Warriors