Image result for maria longworth
This is a Maria Longworth Nichols Storer piece. I like this because I love the small details in the pot such as the little white flowers and the way the color changes from green to purple. I also love how the gold trim around the pot and on the top of the pot. I also like the texture in the gold parts. I also think the top portion of this pot is interesting where it looks like part of it is chipped. I think this adds authenticity to the pot and gives it a vintage look. Maria Longworth Nichols Storer was the founder of Rookwood pottery in Cincinnati, Ohio. Her work is considered to be some of the earliest examples of pottery in the United States.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Assassination of a Famous Nut Artist, 1971

Al Wei Wei

Terracotta Warriors